The Windows 10 operating system has many security features that will help you to protect data from any external user. Out of all the features, the accounts feature is one of the main features that is being implemented. You can easily log in to your system, either using a regular user account or an administrator account. You will have full access to the system if you log in using an administrator account, while the user account will give limited access to the system. In order to have full access to the system, you must know how to make yourself an administrator in windows 10.
You can either change the user account type from the Settings app or Control Panel of your system. Check the detailed process of both the steps from the following section:
How to change user account to the Administrator account in Windows 10?
There are two main types of accounts on this operating system: the standard user account and the administrator account. The standard account has some limitations or restrictions while accessing any file and prevents you from installing any new applications. If any changes are made in the system using the standard account, it will not be visible in other accounts. On the other hand, the administrator account will give you full control over the system.
1st Method: Change user account type from Settings:
If you want to make yourself an administrator in Windows 10 using the Settings App of your system, you must be logged in as an administrator. Follow these steps given below:
- Click on the Start button, which is located on the lower left side of the screen.
- Click on the Settings or gear icon to open the Settings window.
- Tap on the Accounts option as you can make changes to the account through this option.
- Click on Family & other users group from the left pane of the window.
- Select a user account that you want to change to an administrator account.
- Click on the button displaying the “Change account type”
- Select the administrator option and then Click on the OK button.
The above steps will help you know how to make yourself an administrator using your system’s settings. You can also use the control panel to make yourself an administrator.
2nd Method: Using Control Panel:
If you want to make yourself a system’s Administrator using the Control Panel, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Open the “control panel” by searching it on the search bar, which is located on the lower left side of the screen.
- Click on the User Accounts option that is usually found at the bottom of the window.
- Click on Change your account type. Then, a new window will open on the screen where you can make changes to the account.
- Select the Administrator and then click on the Change Account Type button.
When it comes to comparing standard and administrator accounts, the Standard User account type is more restrictive. Users with the standard account can use the system’s apps, but they can’t install any new applications. They can only change settings that won’t affect other accounts, which means that global system configurations can not be changed while using a standard account. Although using the Administrator account allows you have complete control over your system.