For the services provided by an individual to an organisation, he or she receives a salary from the organisation, typically monthly. A salary slip, also known as a pay slip, is a document that records the payment of this salary from the organisation to the individual, as well as a number of essential details.
If you are a salaried professional, you can easily download your salary slips online by following a few simple steps. Here’s what you need to know to download your pay slip online:
Salary Slip Format
As you consider downloading your salary slip, it might be worthwhile to become familiar with the typical format followed by this essential document. It is important to note that salary slip format tend to vary from one organisation, but typically contain the following two components:
- Earnings – This component includes all things related to your earnings, such as a breakdown of your basic salary as well as house rent allowance (HRA) and dearness allowance (DA).
- Deductions – The other component included in your salary slip format is the list of deductions applicable to you. These can include a compulsory deduction such as Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) and variable ones such as professional tax and TDS.
The typical pay slip format contains these two components as well as various other essential details that are presented in the form of the following items.
- Employee details: name, designation, department, date of joining and employee code
- Official details: PAN, EPF no., UAN (Universal Account Number), bank name and account number
- Workday-related details: total workdays, no. of effective workdays, no. of leaves
- Organisation name and address
- Month and year of pay slip generation
- Detailed breakdown of earnings and deductions
How to Download Salary Slip Online
Before going forward with the pay slip download process, you might first wish to view the payslip to check for details. You can follow these steps to view your pay slip online first:
- Using your details, log in to the salary portal used by your organisation.
- Once logged in, go to the section titled ‘My Statements’ and select ‘Salary Slips’.
- You will now be able to view your salary slips, sorted by month and year.
Once you have viewed and checked your pay slip, you can download it by following the steps provided below:
- On the salary portal that you used to view your pay slip (as described above), you can also find the option to download the pay slip.
- Click on the pay slip download button and the document will be available in a PDF format.
- Once the file is downloaded, go to the relevant folder to open the file. You might notice that the file is password-protected, in which case it is prudent to keep the password handy beforehand.
- On entering the password, the pay slip will be opened in ‘view mode’. You can now also print out the file to be used for a variety of purposes and applications.
As you can see, the pay slip downloading process is a simple one and can be completed in a matter of minutes. To know more about pay slips as well as a variety of payment-related information, you can go to the Finserv MARKETS platform.