Are you looking for a way to become a virtual assistant without previous experience? No worries! There is no need to be an expert virtual assistant in order to start this job. Many people begin from basic level and build moneymaking careers.
Virtual assistant, also known as “VA”, is a business entrepreneur that provides online support utilities for valuable clients from various industries around the world. This is done on a virtual basis. The virtual assistants provide business services from home or any remote location.
The services of virtual assistants can include everything from administrative tasks up to digital media down to teaching services.
The VA can efficiently handle multitasking tasks. The VA can handle the social media accounts of bloggers based elsewhere in the country. They also have the ability to manage back-office administration for travel life coaches based in Australia. These are just two examples.
Virtual assistants must create a LinkedIn professional profile.
Twitter is a networking community that links professionals and students in a particular field.
LinkedIn is home to many professionals as well as specialists within each industry. To stay informed, you can contact the professionals experts.
By learning from them and by observing their actions, you can learn a lot.
The VA offers remote services in four main divisions.
General administrative services
- Below listed are a few admin services you can provide to your client as a Virtual Assistant:
- Cold canvassing, calling, booking sales appointments, and seeking a donation from their prospects/clients. The market research is required to focus the target audience.
- Regular follow up with valuable clients/customers through online or offline correspondence mode.
- E-Calendar Management makes it easy to keep track of events and add appointments to an electronic calendar.
- File folder Management (manage and organize their files using Dropbox / Google Drive etc)
- Online google research for blog post topics, newsletters, gathering contacts etc.
- Book Hotel Room and Flight Bookings
- You can create different reports for weekly/fortnight tasks and deliverables, sales, turnovers, etc.
- Preparing Microsoft PowerPoint PowerPoint Presentations so that they can use them for online courses and webinars as well as conferences or meetings.
- Recruiting and monitoring other remote freelance employees like a web designer or video editor.
- Personal jobs: Book restaurants and events, buy surprise gifts, book restaurants and events. Reserving tables for dinner. House shifting. Paying bills.
Digital Marketing Services
digital marketing is a method of marketing products or services via digital technology. The digital technology mode is promoted in internet which includes mobile phones, and other digital sources.
Digital marketing techniques such as Search Engine Marketing (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Internet Marketing (Paid Search), Product Marketing (Paid Search), Social Media Promotion (SSM), paid search, marketing collaterals, Email Marketing, Mobile Marketing) are becoming more popular all over the world. These options call for VA services.
There is a lot to be done in each digital marketing strategy.
According to Digital Marketing, Metrics matter everything and Analytics are king.
Here are a few examples:
- SMM (Social Media Marketing) – Social Media Marketing is the usage of social media forums such as facebook, twitter, Instagram and websites or blogs to market a product or service. Online marketers promote the product and create brand awareness for consumers all over the world.
- SEO: Search Engine Optimization Search Engine Optimization is a practice used by SEO or ecommerce businesses to increase visitors, traffic, and populate websites. The optimization techniques are used both through online and offline mode.
- SEO (Social Media Optimization). This is the process used to increase brand awareness, public interest and product popularity on social media.
- Facebook Marketing – The online marketers create brand popularity by creating a facebook pages and keep a regular follow up. The marketers create advertisements to gain popularity.
- Tweet Marketing – Online marketers build brand awareness by creating a Twitter account and keeping a constant follow up. The advertisers create advertisements in order to gain popularity.
- Instagram marketing – To build brand awareness, online marketers should create an Instagram account and maintain a consistent follow up. To gain popularity, marketers make advertisements and then view their followers.
- YouTube Marketing – The YouTube marketing allows the user to post videos and create virality across the million viewers. A channel must be created and videos posted on topics such as cooking, fashion and hairdressing.
- Pinterest Market – Pinterest marketing uses Pinterest as a platform to increase product and business awareness. Pinterest is used to drive website traffic and attract attention from the audience.
- Marketing by Email – Mail marketing is the act of sending commercial content, or messages to valuable clients, via email. Email marketing is used in order to promote sales of the product and pitch sales.
- Branding – Branding actions can be taken by an organization to distinguish them from other emerging competitors. The purpose of branding is to improve your position in the market. The branding is done by the marketers who wants to create a brand loyalty among the consumers.
- Paid Advertisements Online marketers use the paid advertisements that are published on the websites or in search engines like google to drive traffic.
- Content Marketing – Marketing stuff is transmitted through content on online websites and social networks.
Creative Job Suite
Here are some examples, which show the demand for creative jobs:
- Graphic designing
- Newsletter designing
- Web designing
- Creating Infographics
- Logo design
- Designing brand materials for launching new products or services – pdf, ebooks flyers, mockups, flyers business cards banners banners etc.
- Video editing
Online Teaching services
There are two broad categories of teaching services:
1. Teaching services offered through LIVE mode
Tutoring school children online
Online tutoring English and other languages to students, homemakers, or working professionals.
2. Teaching services through “How to” video tutorials
There are very few examples of this:
- How to make an online course that is successful
- How to create graphics using Picmonkey / Canva / Gimp tools
- How to use Google Drive / Drop Box/ One Drive to store unlimited data
- How to make instructional Videos
- How to bake whole wheat bread/cookies, ice cream cakes, and pancakes.
- How to do party hair or makeup in 15 minutes
- How to create fillable PDF Workbooks or Worksheets
- How to take professional pictures on Instagram / Facebook
- How to become an Amazon/Ebay branded affiliate seller
- How to automate Pinterest Marketing
- How to draw faces and images in comics books
- There are many online resources that can help you to learn about work from home opportunities. These jobs and opportunities can be tailored to your skills and interests.
Which soft skills match up with clients to work remotely?
These are the skills that you will need to be a long-term employee or worker for profitable remote clients.
- Be professional – It is important to show professionalism in all interactions with clients.
- Take initiative. As a virtual owner of a business, clients expect you quickly to understand and analyze the tasks and to act promptly to address any doubts.
- Problem-solving skills You must be able to anticipate problems before they become major crises and to provide solutions to clients.
- Efficient With your experience, your efficiency in work will increase. This will allow you to continue your efforts to grow the business.
- Persistence There may be a tight deadline, a challenging situation or an assignment that requires you to dedicate extra time, effort, and energy to complete the task. Your ability to persevere in difficult situations and your reliability will reflect on you.
- Communicate well – Clients will expect you to be open and honest with them. Not being professional is asking clients to remind you or ask questions about your work.
- Task Organization skills – Your ability to manage your tasks ahead, follow the schedules and putting focus on one thing at a time will enable you manage multiple tasks with valuable client projects successfully.
What tools do VAs need?
Below are some tools and techniques you will need to be able to excel in order for you to take on client work.
- Google Docs – for creating, editing and sharing documents
- Dropbox – file sharing tool
- WordPress: For creating and managing websites
- Email marketing tool – MailChimp, GetResponse
- Social Media Management Tool – Hootsuite, Buffer
Many companies tie contracts with virtual assistants. These companies are also called agencies. They act as intermediaries to find a job in the virtual assistant sector.
Follow these websites: Indeed, Upwork, Time, to search for virtual assistant jobs.
Be sure to search for the relevant field in your queries and then enter the where and what sections.
Virtual assistant has job profile with multitasking potential, as the job profile includes miscellaneous skills.
As virtual assistants, they are responsible for providing technical and customer support to law, finance, and start-up companies. Virtual assistants can start their own business or work remotely for clients around the globe.
You need to upgrade yourself according to the job profile.Since the virtual assistants are involved in different field, their income differs widely ranging from 20,000 to 80,000 dollar on an annual basis.
Virtual assistants with the highest salaries need to be able to dedicate their time to full-time work and provide executive support to clients.