One of the up-selling printing machines, Epson Printers, is known for its innovative design and excellent print quality. Whether it is your home or office setup, you can configure Epson Printer to meet your wired or wireless printing requirements. However, to ensure the expected print quality, you must know the technique to check the ink levels on Epson Printer, irrespective of the operating system on your computer. This will help you in ensuring appropriate ink levels and replace the ink cartridge, whenever necessary. Read on to explore the procedure of checking ink levels on Epson Printer for both Windows 10 and Mac OS.
Tips to Check Ink Levels of Epson Printer for Windows 10 OS
Method 1: Using Print Dialog Box
Checking the ink levels of Epson Printer when you are running your PC on Windows 10 requires you to access the Print Dialog Box. To perform this action, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open a web browser on your Windows 10 computer.
- Click on the “File and Print” option and then on Properties.
- You will get access to the printer’s settings and controls.
- Click on “Maintenance” and then select the icon located next to the Epson Status Monitor.
- Under the “ink levels” tab, you can check the ink levels of your Epson Printer.
Once you see the ink levels, click on OK to close the Epson Status Monitor. Also, close the Epson Printer dialog box by selecting the “Cancel” option. This is how to check ink levels on Epson Printer Windows 10.
Method 2: Using Control Panel
Checking the Epson Printer ink levels using the Control Panel requires you to first open the Windows Search option located at the bottom of the desktop. Next, you need to type “devices and printer” and press the Enter key. Once you locate your Epson Printer in this section, right-click on it and then select “Properties”. On the next screen, select “Printing Preferences” and then click on the “Maintenance” tab. Now, you need to click on the icon present next to the Epson Status Monitor. You can see the ink level graphics of your Epson Printer under the “ink levels” tab. Once you check the ink levels, click on OK to close the Epson Status Monitor.
Want to Check Ink Levels on Epson Printer For Mac OS? Here’s How!
Now that you have read how to check the ink levels of Epson Printer for your Windows 10 PC, read on to explore the procedure for your Mac. Here, the process of checking the Epson Printer ink levels vary slightly. You need to use a utility on your Mac to check the ink levels. Here’s the series of steps to check your Epson Printer ink levels if you are using a Mac:
- Open your Max and click on the Apple menu.
- Choose System Preferences> Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.
- Choose your Epson Printer model and then click on “Options & Supplies”.
- Select “Utility” and then click on “Open Printer Utility”.
- Click on “Epson Status Monitor”. You will notice something similar to the image below:
- You can now refill any of the tanks as required. You can click on “Update” to refresh the displayed ink levels. This is how to check ink levels on Epson Printer Mac.
While you can check the ink levels of your Epson Printer using the various techniques listed above, instances occur when you encounter issues like Epson Printer is not printing the black color, even if the ink levels are appropriate. It usually occurs when there is an issue with the printer driver. An updated or corrupt printer driver can lead to such issues. So, it is recommended that you change the printer driver settings or uninstall the driver and install the latest version of the printer driver. While an outdated printer driver is usually the primary reason behind such issues, below-mentioned are the ones which can often trigger the situation:
- Issues with printer head
- Issues with paper printing
- Printer driver related issues
- Improper source data
- Issues with the ink cartridge
While Epson Printers are known for their excellent print quality, meeting the expected printing quality requires you to know how to check the ink levels. Once you know how to check ink levels on Epson Printer, you can make an informed decision on purchasing a new one or troubleshooting any issues related to the cartridge. Follow the various ways of checking the ink levels of your Epson Printer as listed here and ensure high-quality printing.