One of the favorite dishes of many people is juicy and fragrant burgers, which you can not only buy in fast food restaurants but also make yourself. Various recipes allow you to choose the most delicious option for everyone. Hamburgers are an excellent solution for picnics, friendly parties, and buffets. Barbecue burgers are distinguished by their ease of preparation, delicate taste, and aroma, which they acquire during the grilling process. The dish is used as an independent snack, and goes well with various drinks, thanks to which it has many fans among adults and children worldwide.
Traditionally, the dish includes a cut bun, meat patty, pickled or fresh vegetables, and dressing. Depending on your taste preferences, you can supplement any recipe with your own ingredients or exclude them.
The traditional grilled hamburger recipe consists of the following ingredients:
- rolls – 6 pieces;
- beef meat (preferably the neck part) – 800 g-1 kg;
- onions – 3 heads;
- a few small tomatoes, pickled or fresh cucumbers;
- ketchup, mayonnaise;
- cheese – 200 g;
- fresh lettuce leaves;
- salt, pepper, and other seasonings to taste.
- Cut the meat into pieces, pass it through a meat grinder or chop it with a knife. Add minced onion and a pinch of pepper to the minced meat. We form cutlets and put them in the refrigerator.
- We cut vegetables into thin slices and onions into rings. We divide each bun with a longitudinal cut into 2 parts. To prepare the dressing, mix ketchup with mayonnaise in equal proportions.
- On a hot grill, fry the cutlets, turning them over once after 3-5 minutes. Put 2 thin slices of cheese on the meat and close the grill with a lid. When the cheese is melted, remove the cutlets and proceed to fry the buns.
- We keep them on the wire rack for 20-40 seconds and then remove them. We apply to dress to each half, carefully distributing it over the entire surface. Then lay out the meat, tomato, cucumber, onion, and lettuce. Cover with the other half of the bun and press down a little.
- The calorie content of the dish is 270-300 kcal per 100 g of the product, and the cooking time is 30-40 minutes. The recipe is for 6 servings.
Grilled Mango and Pork Hamburger Recipe
For cooking homemade hamburgers, you can use not only beef but also minced pork. The finished dish will be more high-calorie (about 300-350 kcal per 100 g of product).
The following ingredients are needed to prepare 6 servings:
- minced pork – 800-900 g;
- 6 burger buns;
- a few small jalapeno peppers
- medium-sized bulb;
- medium-sized mango – 1 piece;
- chopped garlic – 2-3 cloves;
- 3 art. l. lime juice;
- finely chopped cilantro, ground cloves, thyme;
- soy sauce;
- salt to taste;
- olive or vegetable oil – 1-2 tablespoons;
- fresh lettuce leaves.
- Mix the crushed pepper with minced meat, and add soy sauce, garlic, cloves, lime juice, pepper, and thyme to it. Mix well, fry on the grill cut the onion and mango into small cubes, and mix with salt and cilantro.
- We assemble the burger as follows: put the washed lettuce leaves, cutlet, and mango on the bun and cover with the second half.
It takes 30 to 40 minutes to cook a BBQ minced turkey burger, including preparing the toppings. The calorie content is 240-260 kcal per 100 g of product.
For 8-10 servings you will need:
- minced turkey meat – 1 kg;
- breadcrumbs – a quarter cup;
- 1-2 chopped onions;
- proteins from 2 eggs;
- 1 clove of garlic;
- salt, pepper, parsley to taste;
- pesto sauce;
- preferred vegetables (pepper, tomato, eggplant, or others);
- buns – 8-10 pcs.
- Mix minced meat with breadcrumbs, parsley, onion, and egg whites, and add salt and pepper.
- Pre-fry vegetables in a pan or grill for 3-5 minutes.
- We coat the cut buns with dressing, then put a cutlet and baked tomatoes, eggplants, or other vegetables on them.
A real grilled hamburger is far from fast food and is a special dish. At the same time, there is a lot of room for creativity and imagination of the culinary specialist.
To make burgers as tasty and healthy as possible, you should follow some tips that will make your dish just perfect:
- For cooking, it is better to use not frozen, but fresh meat. Beef is considered the most suitable option for burgers, but mixed minced meat can also be used. The main selection criterion is the amount of fat and meat, which should be approximately 25 to 75, that is, for 750 g of meat there must be at least 250 g of fat.
- It is not recommended to use minced meat sold in supermarkets for cooking, as you cannot be one hundred percent sure of its freshness and the ingredients used. The cutlet should not be cooked from overly minced meat. Ideally, it should be cut into small pieces.
- You should well knead minced meat with your hands. This will allow all the components to be evenly distributed in the meat, and also make it airier.
- To keep all the patties about the same size, you can use a simple jar lid or cooking ring. When forming the stuffing, make a small indentation inside.
- The cutlet is considered optimal, which is up to one and a half centimeters thick and weighs 180-220 g. In order for the size of the cutlet to match the diameter of the bun after frying, it should initially be made a little larger.
- After the cutlets are cooked, they must be placed in a cool place. This will keep the fat from melting and keep the burger juicy.
- Salt is added to the burger patty just before cooking. Otherwise, you will break the structure of the meat.
- Do not turn the meat too often, as this will reduce its juiciness. The cutlet is immediately fried in a zone of high heat and then moved closer to the edge of the grill, periodically pressing it with a spatula. Cook the cutlet should be from 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the desired degree of roasting.
- So that the bun does not get wet, you should collect the burger in a certain sequence: the dressing is applied to both halves of the cut bun, then vegetables are placed at the end of the cutlet.
- Cooked barbecue hamburgers are eaten with the hands, not using cutlery. It is best to press it down a little so that the contents do not crumble, and then proceed to the meal.
Barbecue recipes are very diverse. You can cook not only from minced meat but also from seafood – burgers are made with fish and shrimp.
Before preparing the dish, it is necessary to warm up the barbecue well and monitor the meat so that it does not burn, and the cutlets remain juicy and appetizing. The dish is considered international and has many recipes. Experiment with ingredients and create your own culinary masterpiece.