Aloe vera is mostly used in herbal remedies for different skin issues. This is mainly due to its gel-like components, which mainly heal the skin from different minor ailments. Some of the health benefits of aloe vera gel have been discussed in this article.
Different health benefits of the aloe vera gel to know about
Some of the important health benefits of the aloe vera gel are as follows:
- Burns: In case of minor burns, one may apply aloe vera gel to the affected area. It is best to apply three times daily.
- Sunburn: Aloe vera gel helps prevent sunburn.
- Cuts: The molecular structure of this gel helps heal wounds quickly and minimizes the scars by increasing the collagen and fighting against the bacteria. One can apply this gel up to three times per day.
- Dry skin: Aloe vera can be absorbed by the skin very easily. This is ideal for oily skin. This gel also helps in some of the issues that help in treating dry skin. One can replace their store-bought moisturizer with the help of aloe vera gel.
- Cold sores: Aloe vera gel may help in treating the herpes virus. This is the virus that is the main reason for causing cold sores. One can apply this gel to the cold sore twice a day until the same vanishes.
- Eczema: The moisturizing property of the aloe vera helps reduce the dry and itchy skin, which is mainly associated with eczema. Aloe vera gel helps in reducing seborrheic dermatitis. This gel can help in improving the conditions in the case of Psoriasis.
- Inflammatory acne: The anti-inflammatory effects of aloe vera helps in treating inflammatory forms of acne.
Tips for using the cucumber as a toner
Cucumber is one of the most cooling as well as nutrient-rich vegetables. The high water content of this vegetable helps in maintaining the water balance in the body. When someone is out in summer for a long time, their skin looks red and sunburnt after they return. One will need the cucumber toner to calm their skin as soon as they come home.
One can easily make the cucumber toner at home. To make this toner for the skin, one will need to cut one cucumber into thin slices. Then they need to boil them in water for 5 to 7 minutes. After that, the same mixture needs to be blended to get a smooth mixture. Then the cooled mixture needs to be squeezed with a cloth or strain. Store the water in the spray bottle in the fridge and use it for up to 3-4 days.
There are many companies out there in the market that are producing different combinations of cucumber toner. However, one must try these products in small quantities first to know about their skin effect. It is necessary to read the reviews of the previous buyers before trying any product.