Shopping with online Asian food wholesalers means you can cook a variety of yummy Asian dishes with quality ingredients such as Japanese buckwheat noodles. These noodles are easy to cook with, have a delicious flavour and are also very healthy. If you have been wanting to get inspired in the kitchen, then here are some easy recipes that will get you back in the kitchen:
Peanut and spicy chicken noodles
- Japanese buckwheat noodles x 1 packet
- Honey x ¼ cup
- Chives (roughly chopped) x 2 pinches or to taste
- Red capsicum (sliced) x 1
- Rice vinegar x 2 tablespoons
- Light soy sauce x ½ cup
- Chicken breasts (skinless, boneless and cut into strips) x 2 breasts
- Dark sesame oil x ¼ cup
- Water x ¾ cup
- Peanut butter x ½ cup
- Ginger (fresh & minced) x 1 tablespoon
- Garlic (minced) x 5 cloves
- Hot sauce x 2 tablespoons or to taste
- Cook the Japanese buckwheat noodles following the instructions labelled on the packaging.
- As the buckwheat noodles are cooking, heat some sesame oil in a large frying pan and cook the sliced chicken for about three to four minutes or until no longer pink.
- Sauté the garlic and ginger for two minutes.
- Add in the capsicum and then sauté for further two minutes.
- Add in the hot sauce, rice vinegar, soy sauce and honey and mix thoroughly.
- To make the peanut sauce, take a small bowl and whisk together the peanut butter and water. When they are combined, pour over the cooked chicken.
- Simmer the peanut sauce for ten minutes or until it has thickened up.
- Then add in the Japanese buckwheat noodles to the frying pan and turn off the heat.
- Mix and combine all the ingredients together until everything has become evenly mixed.
- Finally, serve in a bowl or on a plate and garnish with the chopped chives.
Simple noodle salad
- Coriander (fresh) x ¼ cup
- Tamari x 2 teaspoons
- Red capsicum (seeded & diced or sliced) x 1
- Small cucumber (peeled & grated or diced) x 1
- Canola oil x ¼ cup
- Toasted sesame oil x 2 teaspoons
- Green onion (sliced) x 3
- Cooked Japanese buckwheat noodles (rinsed under cold water) x 1 packet
- Sugar x 1 teaspoon
- Honey x 1 tablespoon
- Ginger (peeled & grated) x 2 tablespoons
- Rice vinegar x ¼ cup
- Carrot (peeled & grated) x 1
- Take a large bowl and whisk the honey, sugar, rice vinegar, ginger, tamari and sesame oil until they are fully combined.
- Slowly pour in the canola oil as you whisk until all the ingredients have been combined.
- Add in the green onion, carrot, capsicum, coriander, cooked Japanese buckwheat noodles and cucumber. Gently mix them all together until they are combined.
- Then simply serve in a bowl and enjoy!
Search for online Asian food wholesalers that offer a wide range of gluten-free and healthy ingredients so you can try these delicious recipes for your next family meal!