You have undoubtedly given some thought to the wide variety of building materials that are available to you if you are planning to construct a wonderful space behind the house for your family to enjoy when the weather is pleasant. While all of them have their own unique combination of advantages and disadvantages, some of them have a greater number of advantages than others. Decking made of composite wood provides a multitude of benefits, all of which should be carefully considered by any homeowner. It makes use of a collection of components to increase its strength and avoid some of the drawbacks that are known to be associated with the typical deck.
Is Composite Decking Really Worth It?
When you are organizing the process of installing your deck, you might find yourself wondering if it is worthwhile to invest in composite decking. The simple answer is that it is. Using composite decking to construct your deck is a smart choice for a number of reasons, not the least of which are the material’s superior strength and longevity.
It is important to keep in mind, however, that installing composite decking is probably not going to be worth the money if you do not intend to continue living in the same house for an extended period of time. Because the value of this item will continue to rise over time, you should probably hold off on making an investment until you have settled on a permanent location.
Advantages of Composite Decking Material
There are numerous advantages to building a deck with composite decking material. Although there are many more than the seven discussed in this article, they are the most important to the product and your decision-making process.
The composite decking material is composed of both wood and plastic. Thus, it is considerably more durable and requires less maintenance than traditional wood decking.
Indistinguishable From Regular Wood
Since composite decking is predominantly composed of natural materials, it is simple for manufacturers to imitate the wood grain’s natural appearance. This means that, in addition to abstract and solid colors, it is also possible to create a durable deck that looks identical to its natural counterpart.
Currently, composite decking materials are not recyclable, but their durability is beneficial to the environment.
- Utilizing reclaimed wood: This company utilities malformed or reclaimed wood from other businesses. In contrast to many natural wood decking options, they do not cut down new trees to create their decking.
- Recycling used plastic: in addition to wood, this type of decking also uses plastic derived from recycled plastic bags. This company, along with many others, obtains its plastic from recycled plastic bags in order to give back to the environment during the manufacturing process.
- Durability assurance: When a product lasts longer, it is discarded less frequently. This decreases the global amount of waste. Because composite decking is so resilient, it can last for a very long time without needing to be replaced, repaired, or discarded.
Wide Selection of Colors
Composite decking, as opposed to decking made from natural wood, is available in a wide range of colors. You can shop for a wide variety of distinct kinds of wood grain that have a natural appearance. You might also put your money into colors. Some of the more extreme options that are available for purchase are as follows:
- White Composite decking can be purchased in a number of different colors of white as well as off-white.
- Decking made of composite materials can even be purchased in various shades of blue and other colors.
- If you choose, you can paint each wooden slat a different color to create a rainbow effect.
Decking made of composite materials contains additives that prevent the rotting that would occur in traditional wood decking if the same conditions were present. When exposed to conditions that involve water, it will not splinter, mold, or sustain damage that is beyond repair.
Because it is so long-lasting, composite decking can withstand virtually any kind of damage. This is made possible by the materials that are utilized in its construction. Because there is no possibility of someone falling through rotted wood, there is no need for you to live in constant fear of it happening. The incorporation of plastic into the wood construction eliminates the possibility of this happening.
Color is another factor that contributes to durability. It is not going to wear off or disappear like a stain or new coat of paint would do. It is not easily damaged by weather, foot traffic, or even the common problem of dirt and grit.
The durability of composite decking materials makes them suitable for installation in a wide range of outdoor settings. You may put this material virtually anyplace you choose, and it will provide you with a surface that is both stable and durable over time.
The following are some of the possible applications for composite decking:
- A porch is another variation of an outdoor hangout space, and much like a deck, the floor of a porch can be lined with composite decking just like a deck.
- This is the most common application for it, which is a deck. You have the option of building it elevated or putting it on the ground. Everything hinges on the geographical setting of your property as well as your own unique preferences.
- A tree house: Although it is probably not a good idea to build your entire tree house out of composite decking, you can use this hardy material to line the floor of the tree house you build. It does a good job of holding up under the muddy and dusty feet of children.
When you are having fun with your family by the pool, a platform that is made of composite decking can be an excellent place to relax and hang out. However, it is important to remember that you should not place the decking directly in the water.
In many of these locations, traditional wood was once the only material choice available. Because of the maintenance, it is and always has been a significant burden. Because composite decking is made up of a variety of materials, you won’t have to be as concerned about the long-term stability of the temporary structures you’re using.
There are many reasons why composite decks are considered to be superior. They have a long lifespan, are incredibly resilient, and are good for the environment. It is safe to say that investing in composite decking is an excellent choice for the future of your outdoor world, and there are a number of reasons to support this assertion.