According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Biosimilar Market in Europe: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026”, The biosimilar market in Europe reached a value of US$ 5,341 Million in 2020. Biosimilars are biological drugs which are similar to approved branded biologics in terms of their safety, efficacy, structure and immunogenicity profile. They are manufactured and approved in accordance with the stringent laws of the European Medicines Agency (EMA). Over the years, there has been a rise in the prevalence of chronic diseases such as obesity, stroke, cancer, seizure and heart attacks owing to the increasing aging population. For instance, as per one of the recent reports by WHO, cancer has emerged as one of the major causes of death and morbidity in the region.
Request for a PDF sample of this report: https://www.imarcgroup.com/europe-biosimilar-market/requestsample
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
As patients have limited access to biologics on account of their high prices, there is a huge demand for biosimilars in the region. Biosimilars are relatively less expensive as they do not require extensive investment for research and development activities and marketing, which saves time as well as money of the manufacturers. This has further assisted in reducing the overall cost of treating chronic diseases. Moreover, the increasing awareness among patients about the safety and efficiency of biosimilars is creating a positive outlook for the market growth. In line with this, the EMA and the European Commission are working to improve the understanding of biosimilars across the European Union. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to grow at a CAGR of 22.1% during 2021-2026.
- Based on the molecule, the market has been segmented into infliximab, insulin glargine, epoetin alfa, etanercept, filgrastim, somatropin, rituximab and follitropin alfa. Currently, infliximab dominates the market, holding the largest share as it is used in the treatment of numerous inflammatory disorders like plaque psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis.
- On the basis of the manufacturing type, in-house manufacturing represents the largest segment, followed by contract manufacturing. In-house manufacturing enables companies to monitor every step of the biosimilar manufacturing process.
- Country-wise, the market has been classified into Italy, Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Spain and Rest of Europe. Amongst these, Italy is the leading market, accounting for the majority of the total market share due to healthcare cost containment measures adopted in the country.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Novartis, Pfizer, Teva, Celltrion, Merck Sharp & Dohme, Samsung Bioepis, Eli Lilly, Accord Healthcare Ltd., Amgen, Boehringer Ingelheim, Hexal Ag, Apotex, Stada Arzneimittel Ag, Ratiopharm and Mylan.
Some of the leading players operating in the European biosimilars market include:
- Samsung Bioepis
- Merck Sharp & Dohme
- Eli Lilly
- Accord Healthcare Ltd
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Hexal Ag
- Stada Arzneimittel Ag
Breakup by Country:
- United Kingdom
Breakup by Molecule
- Insulin Glargine
- Epoetin Alfa
- Follitropin Alfa
Breakup by Indication
- Auto-Immune Diseases
- Blood Disorder
- Growth Deficiency
- Female Infertility
Breakup by Manufacturing Type
- In-house Manufacturing
- Contract Manufacturing
Ask Analyst for Customization and Explore full report with TOC & List of Figures: https://www.imarcgroup.com/europe-biosimilar-market
We are updating our reports, If you want latest primary and secondary data (2021-2026) with Cost Module, Business Strategy, Distribution Channel, etc. Click request free sample report, published report will be delivered to you in PDF format via email within 24 to 48 hours.
Key highlights of the report:
- Market Performance (2015-2020)
- Market Outlook (2021-2026)
- Market Trends
- Market Drivers and Success Factors
- The Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Market
- Value Chain Analysis
- Structure of the Global Market
- Comprehensive mapping of the competitive landscape
If you need specific information that is not currently within the scope of the report, we will provide it to you as a part of the customization.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, and nanotechnology industries. We also provide cost model and manufacturing setup project reports through Syndicated Analytics, a subsidiary of IMARC Group.
Our offerings include comprehensive market intelligence in the form of research reports, production cost reports, feasibility studies, and consulting services. Our team, which includes experienced researchers and analysts from various industries, is dedicated to providing high-quality data and insights to our clientele, ranging from small and medium businesses to Fortune 1000 corporations.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA – Wyoming
Email: [email protected]
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: – +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: – +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800