Anadrol are synthetic anabolic steroids that are related to testosterone which is a male sex hormone. It contains Oxymetholone- an active ingredient which functions doubly as an anabolic and an androgenic drug.
It also functions as an anti-anemic drug which works by stimulating the production of erythropoietin- a hormone involved in the production of red blood cells.It is a prescription medicine,taken orally to primarily treat the symptoms of anaemia- which is caused by deficiency in red blood cells, such as dizziness,fatigue, shortness of breath, lightheadedness,palpitations,general body malaise or paleness. It is also indicated in the treatment of acquired aplastic anemia,congenital aplastic anemia as well as myelofibrosis.
Anadrol stimulates protein synthesis, promotes weight gain and impedes weakness and emaciation due to debilitating diseases,surgery or serious infections.
Oxymetholone has been used in the treatment of symptoms of osteoporosis and may improve bone density.It is used in the treatment of conditions which exhibits muscle wasting symptoms including HIV/AIDS. It is also used in some women,to treat certain kinds of breast cancer.
Anadrol is the most powerful steroid in the body building market. Otherwise known as A-bombs and Anadrol-50,it is used by bodybuilders in the off season (when bulking) to significantly increase muscular size and strength,however its effects disappear quickly once discontinued. It has been sold under a variety of names including, Oxybolone, Androlic, Oxitoland.
Benefits of Anadrol
- Rapid weight gain: Anadrol blows up a user’s muscles fast. This weight gain typically comprises muscle and water retention.
- Enhances strength: The surge of testosterone and weight gain from anadrol improves a users strength. When used correctly, it improves appetite and improves strength levels.
- Oral usage: Anadrol is essentially available in tablets hence is convenient to use.The dangers that may arise from wrong use of injections is eliminated.
- Promotes healthy joints: Anadrol, due to its water retaining capacity, lubricates the joints and causes an increase in elasticity thereby reducing joint pain and inflammation.
- Helps to promote fat loss: Being an anabolic steroid, Anadrol burns fat while enhancing muscle growth.
Risks and Side effects
- It is highly hepatotoxic. Anadrol is resistant to breakdown in the liver. It remains highly potent after passing through the liver which may lead to toxicity.Long term use may lead to liver problems including; hepatitis, cirrhosis or liver cancer. Time to time liver function tests are advisable for users of this steroid.
- Induces symptoms of masculinization such as male pattern baldness, deepening of voice in females and acne.
- It poses a risk to cardiovascular health.Anadrol can elevate blood pressure level.
- It may impair cholesterol balance in the body.
Precautions to take when using Anadrol
- Anadrol should only be used as directed to avoid the risk of side effects
- It is important that a diet plan of high protein and calories be followed for this drug to work effectively.
- As it may affect blood sugar levels, diabetic patients should check regularly with their doctors to make sure that Anadrol doesn’t cause unwanted effects.
- For a child or teenager, it is important that a doctor checks regularly for bone growth and height as Anadrol may interfere with normal bone growth.