An idle mind is a devil’s workshop. When there is too much time on your hands with nothing to do, you end up thinking about things which are not going well, leading to anxiety and depression. Come to think of it, if there is nothing that you can do to improve it, there is no point in wasting time over it. On the other hand, if there is something to improve the situation, just go ahead and do it, so everybody involved is happy. However, according to best psychologists in Delhi if there are too many other factors which are beyond control, then you need to see how to change your outlook towards it.
Dr. R.K. Suri suggests some effective ways to keep you busy and distracted from getting stressed. The following are some simple measures, which can be very effective in dealing with stress.
- Sleep it off: One of the main reasons for depression is the physical exhaustion and lack of good rest. So, it is good once in a while to just sleep it off and give your body the much-deserved rest. This gives the brain a chance to begin to heal and feel better.
- Clean up the house: The home or the space you enter into indirectly indicates your state of mind. A clean home and workspace makes mind healthy. Clean out the closet, give away your old stuff, and in the process, you would end up feeling good about having helped somebody. You will also get rid of excess and unwanted stuff you have collected over the years. Stacked up in the attic and cartons, these were meant for use on “some fine day”, which never seemed to arrive.
- Exercise: Force yourself to exercise. While initially, it would be an ordeal, gradually you will enjoy it. Exercise also releases chemicals in the brain, which make you feel good about yourself. In addition, you will be healthy and fit.
- Travel: When you go solo traveling, the amount of time you spend with yourself just increases. The changed surroundings will help you understand yourself better and come to terms with things that can be under your control. You learn to let go of things and come to terms with life. If time and money are limitations, go out and explore places in your own surrounding city or town. You will realize how little you know the city or town you live in.
- Hobbies: Whether it is learning to play guitar or speak Spanish, pick something that you have always wanted to do over the years and work at it. You will start enjoying it, you will get sense of achievement and the depression will start vanishing out.
- Get connected: It would be good to get connected with your friends, relatives and fellow worker.
- Plan: Do systematic planning of your life.
Dr R. K. Suri, leading chartered clinical psychologist Mentor and advisor at TALKTOANGEL an online mental health platform. If you have wanted to discuss anything with someone reach to us at TALKTOANGEL, currently we are having free session. Discuss it with Best Psychologists in Delhi.
For personal meeting you can reach us at PSYCHOWELLNESSCENTER