5 Major Ways Education Will Change In 2050
With the dynamic growth of technology and science, it is not hard to believe that life will look different by 2050. There will be struggles for foodand shelter as the Earth’s population speeds towards 9.5 billion people in the future. Out of all the other industries, education is the one that will change drastically in 30 years.
From homeschooling to virtual classrooms, 2050 might just be the year of global education where every child will get the highest level of education no matter what. So, let’s check out the fivesignificant ways education will change by 2050.
2050 will be an era for millennial attitudes. The new generation usually prefers to thrive in an environment that is fully customized to their interests. They would want to get information right from the comfort of their homes and without the need for leaving. Homeschooling is a brilliant technique for providing education with a more individualized approach.
Perks of homeschooling approach:
- Students can study what they want, when they want and for as long as they wish.
- Parents can embrace innovative ideas to make learning exciting for the kids.
- Homeschooling provides more physical and emotional freedom for students.
Parents of homeschooled children have been reported to save $27 billion, thus proving that homeschoolingis a cost-effective approach after all. Let’s say you want your kid to learn how to write a college essay. Your kid will have the freedom to get the hang of the tips at their pace and make faster progress.
- No physical campuses
Learning will not be limited to a physical school in 2050. So, there will also be no campuses as we see them today. According to APA’s Stress in America survey, teenagers show the highest levels of mental stress during their school year. So, most of the practical academic activities are likely to be conducted outdoors in the future. Evidence shows that outdoor activities improve the general wellbeing and mental health of students.
Perks of studying in a real-world environment:
- Students will not have to depend on a specific place for education. With travelling classrooms, they can study wherever they are.
- A real-world environment brings children closer to nature since they may spend most of their time out of the classroom.
- It will make students familiar with unlimited study space.
The environment will look completely different in 2050. Seas will be rough, cities might be flooding, and the Amazon might be closer to turning into a Savannah. Saving the Earth will not be just a random trend on Instagram or Facebook. It will be a necessity. Travelling classrooms or outdoor academic activities can help students cultivate a pro-environmental attitude amid such a situation.
Personalized learning doesn’t offer a ‘one size fits all’ approach to education. Instead, it customizes the learning experience for each student according to their needs, skills and interests. With personalized learning, each student will get a learning plan based on what he/she knows, and how he/she learns best. Students can work with their professors to set their short and long term academic goals. This will help students take ownership of their learning.
Perks of personalized learning:
- Personalized learning lets students build self-advocacy skills. It can help them speak up about what interests them.
- This learning environment can also improve the knowledge of students significantly. According to a study by the Gates Foundation, personalized learning has improved students’ math test scores as compared to the traditional teaching method.
- Most personalized learning programs include solo activities. Thus, teachers can have the time to address a smaller group of students for more targeted teaching.
Only a handful of schools and colleges have implemented a personalized learning program in their curriculum. We can expect this learning program to gain immense popularity by 2050 all over the world. There are four basic models for personalized learning program. The educational institutions need to pick the model that suits their academic standards.
In 2050, nearly 90% of students will be pursuing online degree programs.Online courses will democratize and globalize education irrespective of a student’s age, social and geographical boundaries. More and more people are becoming online these days, and we can expect the entire world to go online by 2050. From the University of Virginia to the Clemenson University, a wide variety of American universities have already started including online learning courses in their curriculum.
Perks of online learning courses:
- It’s 2020, and thereare already online courses for a variety of subjects like neuroscience and nursing. By 2050, we can expect online courses for all kinds of careers.
- Online programs are affordable than the traditional system of education.
- Course material is always available for online courses. So, there’s no need for you to take unnecessary trips to the library.
The online courses encourage large scale student participation without the need for them to leave their homes. The USA has started offeringonline learning programs for a wide variety of courses such as E-Diplomacy, ESL Online, Video Game Development, English Language. The online courses provide flexible deadlines for students.
So, hiring an academic essay writer won’t be necessary since you can adjust the deadlines at your convenience.
Virtual and Augmented Reality
Virtual Reality makes it possible for us to reach a distant location with just a click on the virtual headsets. It lets you see what you learn and provides a strong emotional experience to students. Augmented Reality adds computer-generated and artificial objects to our perception of the real world. It can open up fantastic prospects in education for the future as students can learn in their homes surrounded by an advanced learning environment.
Perks of AR and VR in education:
- AR and VR bridge the gap between digital objects and the real world. This might help students gain an in-depth understanding of various topics.
- You can also use AR and VR for visual illustrations of your textbooks. It will not only make things interesting but also help you memorize concepts faster.
- These technologies can make the learning of spatial structure and function way easier. 3D maps, for example, is a product of AR and VR that helps in detecting land-use conversions and specific geographical locations.
Companies like Arloon and DAQRIhave already created subject-specific AR apps to help students focus on multiple subjects at once. Elements 4D, for example, focus on anatomy. Other AR apps like Arloon Mental Health take care of Arithmetic, and Arloon Plants covers Botany. AR and VR promise to bring forth a wide slew of 3D elements that are likely to enrich the educational trend in the future.
The entire world is going to change the way it works by 2050, and the world of academia is no exception. From the rise in online courses to the decline in brick and mortar campuses, education in 2050 will be nothing like what we see today. Human beings adapt quickly to changes. So, we can hope our future generation will make the most of the advanced education system in 2050.